Co-Director, Doctoral Program
Biomedical and Health Informatics, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) and Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)
Co-Director, Master's Program
Bioinformatics, Marquette University (MU) and Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)
External Scientific Advisory Board Appointments
- Center for ELSI Resources and Analysis (CERA)
- Mouse Genome Database (MGD)
- NIDA Center for GWAS in Outbred Rats
- Ph.D., 2011, Medical Informatics, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- M.S., 1981, Leisure Studies, Florida State University
- B.S., 1978, Music Therapy, University of Miami
- Biomedical and Health Informatics
- Development of knowledgebases and research platforms
- Data standardization and integration
- Ontology development and implementation
- Genomics and genetics analysis and software tools
- Data mining and visualization
- Innovative software and user interfaces
- Shimoyama, Mary E. (Co-investigator); Paul Sternberg, Carol Bult (Principal Investigators); "Alliance Central: A Platform for Sustainable Development of Next Generation Genome Knowledgebases." Sponsored by the National Human Genome Research Institute, NIH (September 18, 2019–July 31, 2024).
- Shimoyama, Mary E. (Multiple PIs); Dwindell, Melinda (Multiple PIs); "Dissemination and Coordinating Center for the Somatic Cell Gene Editing Consortium." Sponsored by Officer of the Director, NIH (February 1, 2019–November 30, 2023).
- Shimoyama, Mary E. (Principal Investigator), "Rat Genome Database." Sponsored by the NHLBI at NIH (January 4, 2019–December 31, 2022).
- Shimoyama, Mary E. (Co-investigator); Dwinell, Melinda (Principal), "Hybrid Rat Diversity Program." Sponsored by the NORIP (August 1, 2018–April 30, 2022).
- Shimoyama, Mary E. (Co-investigator), "Harmonizing Disease Annotation of Mouse and Rat Models through the Human Disease Ontology." Sponsored by the NIH (September 1, 2015–June 30, 2016).
- Shimoyama, Mary E. (Principal Investigator), "Rat Genome Database (MOD) Commons Pilot Supplement." Sponsored by the NIH (September 2015–August 2016).