Recent News | Archive
Learn more about recent events, awards, presentations and publications of the Cardiovascular Regenerative Engineering Lab at the Marquette University and Medical College of Wisconsin Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering.
Care Lab Research Featured in Project Wonder
Recent research from Dr. Tefft's Cardiovascular Regenerative Engineering Lab was recently featured in Project Wonder's media series featuring innovations in science. View Project Wonder's Write-up
Tefft granted NIH/NINDS Grants
Dr. Brandon Tefft was awarded a two-year R21 grant sponsored by the National Institutes of Health and the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke for his research work titled, "Rapidly healing flow diverters using magnetic cell targeting for intracranial aneurysm treatment."
Tefft granted NIH Shared Instrumentation Grant
Through an NIH Shared Instrumentation Grant awarded to Biomedical Engineering Faculty Dr. Brandon Tefft, the MCW Engineering Core will receive a new 3D printer capable of fabricating sterilizable instrumentation and implantable devices. Learn more about the Award
Dr. Tefft Selected as Guest Editor
Dr. Brandon Tefft selected as guest editor of special issue of Bioengineering discussing cell-ECM interactions for tissue engineering and regeneration. Learn more about the Editorship
Dr. Tefft wins Career Development Award
Dr. Brandon Tefft has been awarded a 3-year Career Development Award from the American Heart Association for his research project entitled, "Bioengineered heart tissue for studying and treating congenital heart disease." Learn more about the American Heart Association
- Oct 2021: CaRE Lab alumni Dr. Akankshya Shradhanjali, who completed postdoctoral research position with the CaRE Lab in 2021, recently accepted a Senior R&D Engineer position with Medtronic in Santa Ana, California, where she will be working on the development of prosthetic heart valves. Dr. Shradhanjali's postdoctoral research investigated the use of nanotechnology for the magnetic endothelialization of implantable cardiovascular devices. Learn more about Dr. Shradhanjali's work with CaRE Lab
- Oct 2021: CaRE Lab students Jayne Wolfe and Nathan Luzum presented recent research at the 2021 Biomedical Engineering Society Annual Conference held this year in Orlando, Florida. Learn more about Presented Research
- Aug 2021: Join Dr. Tefft on Monday, August 30, for a film viewing and discussion of Science World Festival's documentary Forever Young: The Promise of Human Regeneration, a film discussing the promise of regenerative medicine. View Event Details
- Feb 2021: Dr. Tefft presented at Northwestern University, discussing his recent research on Endothelialization of Implantable Cardiovascular Devices. Learn more about this Event
- Jan 2021: The Cardiovascular Regenerative Engineering Laboratory would like to extend a warm welcome to Medical Student Nathan Luzum and Master's student Wei He. Learn more about CaRE Lab Students
- Jan 2021: Dr. Tefft has been elected to a three-year term on the Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) Ethics Subcommittee beginning in January, 2021. Congratulations Dr. Tefft! Learn more about BMES Committees
- Nov 2020: Dr. Tefft presented recent work on Endothelialization of Implantable Cardiovascular Devices on Friday, November 13th, at Michigan Tech's Biomedical Engineering Seminar Series. View the Seminar Abstract
- Nov 2020: Dr. Tefft was recently elected to a 2-year position as Vice Chair of the Cardiovascular/Angiogenesis/Blood Thematic Interest Working Group (TWIG) of the Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society (TERMIS). Learn More about the TWIG
- Oct 2020: Dr. Tefft and Akankshya Shradhanjali call for Applicants for an Undergraduate Research Position in the CaRE Lab. View Position Details
- Aug 2020: The Cardiovascular Regenerative Engineering Laboratory would like to extend a warm welcome to new student Aleks Zielonka. Aleks is seeking her Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering with a focus on heart valve tissue engineering. Welcome Aleks!
- Jan 2020: William Yuan has joined the Cardiovascular Regenerative Engineering Lab as an MCW Scholarly Pathways student. Welcome William!
- Dec 2019: Dr. Akankshya Shradhanjali presented her work at the Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society 2019 Annual Meeting.
- Dec 2019: Dr. Akankshya Shradhanjali presented her work at the Biomedical Engineering Society 2019 Annual Meeting.
- Nov 2019: Hilda Martinez Ramirez joined the CaRE as a Research Technologist. Welcome Hilda!