Dr. Brian StemperMarquette University
Zablocki VA Medical Center Neuroscience Research Labs, Research 151, Room 70-D-210MilwaukeeWI53201United States of America(414) 384-2000, ext. firstname.lastname@example.orgGoogle Scholar
Zablocki VA Medical Center Neuroscience Labs
- Ph.D., 2004, Biomedical Engineering, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
- B.S., 1998, Biomedical Engineering, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Milwaukee, WI
- Biomechanics of traumatic brain injury
- Biomechanics of spine injury
- Basic biomechanics of the cervical and lumbar spine
- Automotive safety
Selected Recent Publications
Rowson S, Duma SM, Stemper BD, Shah A, Mihalik JP, Harezlak J, Riggen LD, Giza CC, DiFiori J, Brooks A, Guskiewicz K, Campbell D, McGinty J, Svoboda S, Cameron K, Broglio SP, McAllister T, McCrea M., "Correlation of concussion symptom profile with head impact biomechanics: A case for individual-specific injury tolerance", Journal of Neurotrauma (in press).
Stemper BD, Corner BD (2016), "Whiplash associated disorders: Occupant kinematics and neck morphology," Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy (JOSPT), 46(10):834–844.
Stemper BD, Shah AS, Pintar FA, Olsen CM, Budde MD, Glavaski-Joksimovic A, McCrea M, Kurpad, SN (2016), "Prediction of post-concussive behavioral changes in a rodent model based on head rotational acceleration characteristics," Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 44(11):3252–3265.
Stemper BD, Shah AS, Budde MD, Olsen C, Glavaski-Joksimovic A, Kurpad SN, McCrea M, Pintar FA, "Behavioral outcomes differ between rotational acceleration and blast mechanisms of mild traumatic brain injury,"Frontiers in Neurology, Neurotrauma 7:30, Doi: 10.3389/fneur.2016.00031.
Curry WH, Pintar FA, Doan NB, Nguyen HS, Eckardt G, Baisden JL, Maiman DJ, Paskoff GR, Shender BS, Stemper BD (2016), "Lumbar Spine Endplate Fractures: Biomechanical Evaluation and Clinical Considerations through Experimental Induction of Injury," Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 34(6):1084–91, doi: 10.1002/jor.23112.
- Stemper, Brian (Principal), "WorldSID-50M Research Evaluation and Testing," Sponsored by Department of Transportation / NHTSA (DTNH2214D00358L / DTNH2217F00149). (September 30, 2017–September 29, 2019)
- Stemper, Brian (Principal), "Research Testing Programs," Sponsored by Department of Transportation / NHTSA (DTNH22-14-D-00358). (October 1, 2014–September 23, 2018)
- Everson, Carol (Principal), Stemper, Brian (Co-Investigator), "Concussive Injury: Role of Sleep Restriction, Sleep Aids, Sedation, and Caffeine," Sponsored by Department of Defense.
- McCrea, Michael (Principal), Stemper, Brian (Co-Investigator), "Comprehensive study of acute effects and recovery after concussion," Sponsored by DOD Army Medical Research Acquisition.
- McCrea, Michael (Principal), Stemper, Brian (Co-Investigator), "The NCAA-DOD Grand Alliance: Concussion Assessment, Research and Education (CARE)," Sponsored by DOD Army Medical Research Acquisition (Federal Pass-Through from Indiana University, PI: Thomas McAllister, MD).
- Olsen, Christopher (Principal), Stemper, Brian (Co-Investigator), "Mild traumatic brain injury: Effects on Drug Addiction and Related Neurocircuitry," Sponsored by the National Institutes of Health.