May 2021: Dr. Taly Gilat-Schmidt's recent work on radiation dose tracking may prove her most immediate opportunity to satisfy her ultimate goal—improving patient care. From complex bone fractures to internal injuries, and especially critical in cancer treatment … Continue Reading
Mar 2021: Science is a collaborative enterprise, and the journey an idea takes from inception to point-of-care is long and often winding. It may span years and pass from researcher to researcher … Continue Reading
Oct 2020: It’s a virus that most people have never heard of, yet it infects nearly 90% of the adult population and is a leading cause of congenital birth defects. Cytomegalovirus, a member of the … Continue Reading
In the News
- Dr. Robert Cooper contributes to Journal of Biomedical Optics top-cited publication (May 2021) Read MCW Article (network access required).
Dr. Frank Pintar and staff of ZVAMC Vehicle Crashworthiness Lab discuss NHTSA project to enhance vehicle occupant safety with Milwaukee VA Medical Center (Mar 2021) View the Article
- Dr. Frank Pintar represents MU-MCW BME and ZVAMC Crash Lab in discussion with Milwaukee's NPR regarding vehicle occupant safety (Mar 2021) Go to NPR
- BME graduate Dr. Ben McHenry featured as Marquette Difference Maker for work with Milwaukee's Go Baby Go program, adapting vehicles for children with disabilities (Mar 2021) Watch the Video
- Dr. Adam Greenberg discusses SNAP Lab research with Milwaukee PBS on Timbre, an MATC Production Exploring Music, Acoustics and Sound (Feb 2021) View the Episode
Grants & Awards
- Dr. Bing Yu and collaboratores Dr. Joseph Kerschner and Dr. Wenzhou Hong receive 2-year, $397,000 NIH R21 award for the project titled, "Optical confirmation and monitoring of endotracheal tube position in pediatric patients" (Mar 2021)
- BME Graduate Student Joey Avila takes second place in MU's 3 Minute Thesis Competition (February 2021)
- Allison Scarbrough wins MU Graduate Teaching Excellence Award: Non-Instructor of Record for Lab-based Sections (February 2021)
- Dr. Brandon Tefft Elected to a three-year term on the Biomedical Engineering Society Ethics Subcommittee beginning in January, 2021 (Jan 2021)
Not seeing what you are looking for? Find archived BME News—including feature stories, grants, awards and appointments—in the BME News Archive.