- Ph.D., 1985, Bioengineering, University of California, Berkeley & San Francisco
- M.S., 1980, Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- A.B., 1979, Bioengineering, University of California, San Diego
- Adaptive Biosystems and Biocomputing
- Neuromuscular Modeling and Rehabilitation
- Computational Biology and Systems Biology
- Neurosystems and Neurorehabilitation
- Orthopedics and Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Selected Recent Publications
Wang, Y., Winters, J. M., Subramaniam, S. "Functional Classification of Skeletal Muscle Networks II: Applications to Pathophysiology," Journal Applied Physiology, 113(12): 1902–20, 2012.
Wang, Y., Winters, J. M., Subramaniam, S. "Functional Classification of Skeletal Muscle Networks I: Normal Physiology," J Applied Physiology, 113: 1884–1901, 2012.
Story, M., Winters, J. M., 2 Students, 5. O. "A method for evaluating accessibility of medical equipment for patients with disabilities," Applied Ergonomics, 42(1): 178–83, 2010.
Winters, J. M. "A Pilot Stuy Evaluating Use of a Computer-Assisted Neurorehabilitation Platform for Upper-Extremity Stroke Assessment," J NeuroEngng & Rehab, 6: 15, 2009.
Winters, J. M. "Evaluation of Applied Forces and EMG in a 3D Arm Workspace: Comparison Between Young, Aged and Stroke Population," Proc EMBC, 4 pages, 2009.
Kipp, Kristof (Co-Principal), Winters, John M (Co-Principal), "Mobility Monitor: An autonomous intelligent system developed to quantitatively determine mobility," Sponsored by National Science Foundation. (October 2013 - September 2015)