Dr. Bo WangMarquette University
Medical College of Wisconsin, Biomedical Engineering C-2815MilwaukeeWI53201United States of America(414) firstname.lastname@example.orgCurriculum Vitae
- Postdoctoral Fellow, 2012–2016, Department of Surgery, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University
- Ph.D., 2012, Biomedical Engineering, Tissue Engineering Research Center/Department of Biological Engineering, Mississippi State University
- M.S., 2007, Maxillofacial Surgery, Dalian Medical University, Liaoning, China
- D.D.S., 2004, Stomatology, Dalian Medical University, Liaoning, China
- Stem cell engineering
- Hard tissue engineering and 3D bioprinting
- Cardiovascular tissue engineering, imaging, modeling, and simulation.
Selected Recent Publications
Wuwei Li, Yuqian Fu, Bin Jiang, Aaron Lo, Guillermo Ameer, Cleon Barnett, and Bo Wang. “Polymer Integrated Amnion Scaffold Significantly Improves Cleft Palate Repair” Acta Biomaterialia, 92:104–114, 2019.
Wang B, Li W, Dean D, Mishra MK, Wekesa KS. Enhanced Hepatogenic Differentiation of Bone Marrow Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells on Liver ECM Hydrogel. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2017 Oct 25. doi: 10.1002/jbm.a.36278.
Bo Wang, Adam Jakus, Ramille Shah, Jason Wertheim. “Development of Micro Bioscaffold to Evaluate Functional and Proliferative Capabilities of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell–Derived Hepatocytes.” Stem Cells Translational Medicine, 5:1–11, 2016
Bo Wang, Sourav Patnaik, Bryn Brazile, J Ryan Butler, Andrew Claude, Ge Zhang, Jianjun Guan, Yi Hong, Jun Liao. “Establishing Early Functional Perfusion and Structure in Tissue Engineered Cardiac Constructs.” Critical Reviews™ in Biomedical Engineering, 43 (5–6); 455–471, 2015
Uzarski JS, Bijonowski BM, Wang B, Ward HH, Wandinger-Ness A, Miller WM, Wertheim JA. “Dual-purpose bioreactors to monitor non-invasive physical and biochemical markers of kidney and liver scaffold recellularization.” Tissue engineering. Part C, Methods, 2015.
- 2019–2022: “Tissue-Engineered Vascular Graft of Small Diameter Using Porcine Artery”, Advancing a healthier Wisconsin (AHW) Research and Education Program, Role: Principal investigator.
- 2018–2021: “Development of an Individualized Multiplex Composite as an Interface for Severe Cleft Palate Repair”, NIH R15, Role: Principal investigator.
- 2017–2020: “Optimization and Enhancement of Hepatic Differentiation for Mesenchymal Stem Cells via Biofunctional Modification”, NSF Research Initiation Award, Role: Principal investigator.
- 2016–2017: “Acquisition of a Multimaterial 3-D Bioplotter for Interdisciplinary Research and Education”, NSF MRI, Role: Co-Principal investigator (Principal investigator: Derrick Dean).