Opus College of Engineering
Joint Ph.D. Program in Functional Imaging
- Ph.D., 1989, Biomedical Engineering, Northwestern University
- M.S., 1987, Biomedical Engineering, Northwestern University
- B.S., 1985, Biomedical Engineering, Marquette University
- Signal processing
- Cardiac electrophysiology
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging
Selected Recent Publications
Yan, M, Ward, BD, Ropella KM, DeYoe, EA. "Comparison of Randomized Multifocal Mapping and Temporal Phase Mapping of Visual Cortex for Clinical Use," NeuroImage: Clinical, pp. 143–154, 2013. DOI information: 10.1016/j.nicl.2013.08.004
Vizuete JA, Pillay S, Diba K, Ropella KM, Hudetz, AG "Monosynaptic functional connectivity in cerebral cortex during wakefulness and under graded levels of anesthesia," Frontiers in Integrative Neuroscience, 6:90, 2013.
Vizuete JA , Pillay S, McCallum JB, Ropella KM, Hudetz AG "Cross-correlogram analysis reveals state-dependent neuronal connectivity in the rat cerebral cortex,"British Journal of Anaesthesia, 108(2): 365P–366, 2012.
Fijalkowksi, RJ, Ropella, KM, Stemper BD "Determination of Low-Pass Filter Cutoff Frequencies for High-Rate Biomechanical Signals Obtained Using Videographic Analysis," Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 131:054502, 2009. PMID 19388786
Imas OA, Ropella KM, Wood JD, Hudetz AG "Isoflurane disrupts anterio-posterior phase synchronization of flash-induced field potentials in the rat," Neuroscience Letters, 402(3): 216–21, 2006.
- Ropella, KM (Principal) “Thinking and Acting Differently Through the Legacy Initiative: Master’s Across Boundaries,” funded by the GHR Foundation. (January 1, 2019–December 31, 2023)
- Ropella, KM (Principal) “Opus College of Engineering Student Success Center,” funded by private alumni donations. (2018–present)
- Ropella, KM (Principal), Goldberg (Co-PI) “Building an Entrepreneurially Minded Ecosystem through Faculty Development, Curriculum Enhancements, and Student Enrichment Opportunities,” funded by Kern Family Foundation. (May 15, 2017–January 30, 2020)
- Ropella, KM (Principal) “Partnership in Engineering Research and Education Innovation,” funded by the GHR Foundation. (July 1, 2015–June 30, 2017)
- Ropella, KM (Principal) “E-Lead Engineering Leadership Program at Marquette University,” funded by private alumni donations. (2014–present)
- "Kern Entrepreneurship Education Network: A KEEN Partnership," Sponsored by The Robert D. and Patricia E. Kern Family Foundation, Inc.. (September 1, 2014–August 31, 2016)
- Ropella, KM (Principal), Schmit, B (Co-PI) “Collaborative Research Integrating Neuroimaging and Neurorehabilitation: Continuing the Momentum," Sponsored by The Dr. Ralph and Marian Falk Medical Research Trust. (1/01/2013–12/30/2015)