Opus College of Engineering
Professor, Director of Ph.D. Program in Functional Imaging
Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering
Functional MRI Research Laboratory
- Ph.D., 1989, Biomedical Engineering, Northwestern University
- M.S., 1987, Biomedical Engineering, Northwestern University
- B.S., 1985, Biomedical Engineering, Marquette University
BIEN 2100 Statistics for Biomedical Engineering—Summary of biomedical data and the use of statistics in problem solving for biomedical engineering
VIEW BIEN COURSE CATALOGUE
- Signal processing
- Cardiac electrophysiology
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging
Yan, M, Ward, BD, Ropella KM, DeYoe, EA. "Comparison of Randomized Multifocal Mapping and Temporal Phase Mapping of Visual Cortex for Clinical Use," NeuroImage: Clinical, pp. 143–154, 2013.
Vizuete JA, Pillay S, Diba K, Ropella KM, Hudetz, AG "Monosynaptic functional connectivity in cerebral cortex during wakefulness and under graded levels of anesthesia," Frontiers in Integrative Neuroscience, 6:90, 2013.
Vizuete JA , Pillay S, McCallum JB, Ropella KM, Hudetz AG "Cross-correlogram analysis reveals state-dependent neuronal connectivity in the rat cerebral cortex,"British Journal of Anaesthesia, 108(2): 365P–366, 2012.
Fijalkowksi, RJ, Ropella, KM, Stemper BD "Determination of Low-Pass Filter Cutoff Frequencies for High-Rate Biomechanical Signals Obtained Using Videographic Analysis," Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 131:054502, 2009.
Imas OA, Ropella KM, Wood JD, Hudetz AG "Isoflurane disrupts anterio-posterior phase synchronization of flash-induced field potentials in the rat," Neuroscience Letters, 402(3): 216–21, 2006.
- Ropella, KM (Principal); “Thinking and Acting Differently Through the Legacy Initiative: Master’s Across Boundaries.” Sponsored by the GHR Foundation (January 1, 2019–December 31, 2023).
- Ropella, KM (Principal); “Opus College of Engineering Student Success Center.” Sponsored by private alumni donations (2018–Present).
- Ropella, KM (Principal); Goldberg, Jay (Co-PI); “Building an Entrepreneurially Minded Ecosystem through Faculty Development, Curriculum Enhancements, and Student Enrichment Opportunities.” Sponsored by the Kern Family Foundation (May 15, 2017–January 30, 2020).
- Ropella, KM (Principal); “Partnership in Engineering Research and Education Innovation.” Sponsored by the GHR Foundation (July 1, 2015–June 30, 2017).
- Ropella, KM (Principal); “E-Lead Engineering Leadership Program at Marquette University.” Sponsored by private alumni donations (2014–present).
- "Kern Entrepreneurship Education Network: A KEEN Partnership." Sponsored by The Robert D. and Patricia E. Kern Family Foundation, Inc. (September 1, 2014–August 31, 2016).
- Ropella, KM (Principal); Schmit, B (Co-PI); “Collaborative Research Integrating Neuroimaging and Neurorehabilitation: Continuing the Momentum." Sponsored by The Dr. Ralph and Marian Falk Medical Research Trust (January 1, 2013–December 30, 2015).