- Ph.D., 1993, Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University
- M.S., 1989, Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University
- B.S., 1987, Electrical Engineering, Tulane University
- Mathematical modeling
- Biomedical instrumentation and optics
- Cell engineering/cardiopulmonary physiology
- Biological fluid and mass transport
CJ Hallberg, MT Lysaught, CE Zmudka, WK Kopesky, and LE Olson, (2014) “Characterization of a human powered nebulizer compressor for resource poor settings” BioMedical Engineering OnLine2014, 13:77 doi:10.1186/1475-925X-13-77.
CJ Hallberg, MT Lysaught, RA Najarro, FC Gil, C Villatoro, AC Diaz de Uriarte & LE Olson (2014), “Treatment of asthma exacerbations with the human-powered nebuliser: a randomized parallel-group clinical trial,” Primary Care Respiratory Medicine 24: 14016; doi:10.1038/npjpcrm.2014.16.
LaDisa J.F. Jr., Olson, L.E., Douglas H.A., Warltier D.C., Kersten J.R., and Pagel P.S. Alterations in regional vascular geometry produced by theoretical stent implantation influence distributions of wall shear stress: analysis of a curved coronary artery using 3D computational fluid dynamics modeling. Biomedical Engineering Online. 5:40, 2006.
LaDisa J.F. Jr., Olson, L.E., Hettrick D.A., Warltier D.C., Kersten J.R., and Pagel P.S. Axial stent strut angle influences wall shear stress after stent implantation: analysis using 3D computational fluid dynamics models of stent foreshortening. Biomedical Engineering Online. 4:59, 2005.
Ladisa, J.F. Jr., Olson, L.E., Ropella, K.M., Molthen, R.C., Haworth S.T., Kersten, J.R., Warltier, D.C., Pagel, P.S. Microfocal X-Ray computed tomography post-processing operations for optimizing reconstruction volumes of stented arteries during 3D computational fluid dynamics modeling. Comput. Methods Programs Biomed. 79(2):121–134, 2005.
- Bozdag, Serdar (Co-Investigator), Olson, Lars Erik (Principal), Worthey, Elizabeth, Anderson, Matt, Trapp-Stamborski, Valerie, Shimoyama, Mary, Bellissimo, Dan, Udani, Rupa, Prasad Dash, Durga, Pietz, Brad, "Toward a bioinformatics and bioengineering core for Southeastern Wisconsin: Internship Program," Sponsored by CTSI, (June 2015–June 2016)
- Olson, Lars E (Team Leader), "Non-Electric Oxygen Concentrator for Developing Countries: Ghana," 2015 Strategic Innovation Fund Award, Marquette University, (July 1, 2015–June 30, 2016)