- Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2015–2019, University of Pennsylvania
- Ph.D., 2016, Biomedical Engineering, Marquette University
- B.S., 2009, Biomedical Engineering, Marquette University
- Measuring photoreceptor mosaic structure and function using advanced noninvasive techniques
- Development of image processing and automated analysis tools
- Clinical imaging for studying the etiology of retinal disease
Selected Recent Publications
Ammar MJ, Scavelli KT, Uyhazi KE, Bedoukian EC, Serrano LW, Edelstein ID, Vergilio GK, Cooper RF, Morgan JIW, Kumar P, Aleman TS. “Enhanced S-cone syndrome: Visual function, cross-sectional imaging, and cellular structure with adaptive optics ophthalmoscopy” Retinal Cases Brief Rep.
Jackson K, Vergilio GK, Cooper RF, Ying GS, Morgan JIW. “A 2-Year longitudinal study of normal cone photoreceptor density” Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2019 60(5): 1420–1430.
Young JB, Godara P, Williams V, Summerfelt P, Connor TB, Tarima S, Visotcky A, Cooper RF, Blindauer K, Carroll JC. “Assessing retinal structure in patients with Parkinson’s disease” J Neurol Neurophysiol. 2019 10(1).
Tuten WS, Cooper RF, Tiruveedhula P, Dubra A, Roorda A, Cottaris NP, Brainard DH, Morgan JIW. “Spatial summation in the human fovea: Do normal optical aberrations and fixational eye movements have an effect?” J Vis. 2018 18(8): 6.
Morgan JIW, Vergilio GK, Hsu J, Dubra A, Cooper RF. “The reliability of cone density measurements in the presence of rods.” Transl Vis Sci Technol. 2018 7(3): 21.