Founder and Co-Director
NeuroMotor Control Laboratory
- Ph.D., 1998, Biomedical Engineering, Northwestern University
- M.S., 1992, Biomedical Engineering, Northwestern University
- B.S., 1989, Electrical Engineering, Marquette University
- Human motor control
- Rehabilitation engineering
- Human psychophysics of sensorimotor adaptation and learning
- Systems identification
- Embedded systems and product development
Selected Recent Publications
Ballardini G, Carlini G, Giannoni P, Scheidt RA, Nisky I, Casadio M (2018), "Tactile-STAR: A novel tactile STimulator And Recorder system for evaluating and improving tactile perception," Frontiers in Neurorobotics. In press.
Mrotek LA, Bengtson M, Stoeckmann T, Botzer L, Ghez CP, McGuire J, Scheidt RA (2017), "The Arm Movement Detection (AMD) Test—a fast robotic test of proprioceptive acuity in the arm," J Neural Eng Rehab 14:64; DOI 10.1186/s12984-017-0269-3.
Krueger A, Giannoni P, Casadio M, Scheidt RA (2017), "Optimizing vibrotactile feedback to enhance real-time control of the arm during reach and stabilization tasks," J Neural Eng Rehab 14:36; DOI 10.1186/s12984-017-0248-8.
Krueger A, Giannoni P, Casadio M, Scheidt RA (2017) "Erratum to: Optimizing vibrotactile feedback to enhance real-time control of the arm during reach and stabilization tasks," J Neural Eng Rehab14:69; DOI 10.1186/s12984-017-0281-7.
Laczko J, Scheidt RA, Simo LS, Piovesan D (2017), "Inter-joint coordination deficits revealed in the decomposition of endpoint jerk during goal-directed arm movement after stroke," In press: IEEE Trans Neural Sys Rehab Eng. DOI: 10.1109/TNSRE.2017.2652393.
Tzorakoleftherakis E, Murphey TD, Scheidt RA (2016), "Augmenting sensorimotor control using goal-aware vibrotactile stimulation during reaching and manipulation behaviors," Exp Brain Res 234: 2403–2414.
- Scheidt, RA (Principal Investigator), “Augmenting kinesthetic feedback to improve hemiparetic arm control after stroke," Sponsored by NICHD R15. (2017–2020)
- Scheidt, RA (Principal Investigator), “Examining deficits of sensorimotor learning and performance after concussion in the student athlete,” Sponsored by Marquette University Innovation Fund. (2016–2018)
- Scheidt, RA (Site PI), " Marquette University and the University of Genoa: Student and Staff Mobility" Sponsored by European Union Erasmus+ for Higher Education, Mobility between Programme and Partner Countries. (2017–2019)
- Scheidt, RA (Project PI), “VibraSense” Sponsored by NSF I-Corps Site. (2016–2017)
- Scheidt, RA (Principal Investigator), "Fostering a durable international partnership between Marquette University (MU) and the University of Genoa, Italy (UNIGE)," Sponsored by Marquette Univ Opus College of Engineering. (2016–2017)