Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Postdoc. 2001–2005, Biomedical Engineering, Boston University
- Ph.D., 2001, Biomedical Engineering, Boston University
- B.S., 1995, Physics and Mathematics, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Neuroengineering — neural coding/decoding
- Neuroplasticity and learning
- Human visuo-motor processing (integrated experimental/computational approaches)
- Functional neuroimaging
Selected Recent Publications
Snyder D.B., Beardsley S.A., Schmit B.D., "Role of the cortex in visuomotor control of arm stability," J. Neurophysiol. 2019 Nov 01;122(5):2156–2172 PMID: 31553682 09/26/2019
Heugel N., Liebenthal, E., Beardsley S. A., (2019), "Method for spatial overlap estimation of electroencephalography and functional magnetic resonance imaging responses," J. Neurosci. Methods, 328, p. 1–10. DOI: 10.1016/j.jneumeth.2019.108401.
Torres E., Beardsley S. A., (2019), "Cerebellar source localization using event-related potentials in a simple motor task," 9th International IEEE EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering, San Francisco, CA, p.1–4. DOI: 10.1109/NER.2019.8716916.
Mangalathu J., Liebenthal, E., Beardsley S. A., (2018), "Optimizing within-subject experimental designs for jICA of multi-channel ERP and fMRI," Front. Neurosci., 12:13, p.1–15. DOI: 10.3389/fnins.2018.00013, PMCID: PMC5787094.
Heenan, M., Scheidt R. A., Woo D., Beardsley S. A., (2014), "Intention tremor and deficits of sensory feedback control in Multiple Sclerosis: A pilot study," J. NeuroEng. Rehab., 11:170, p.1–19. DOI: 10.1186/1743-0003-11-170.
Farmer, S., Silver-Thorn B., Voglewede P., Beardsley S.A. (2014), "Within-socket myoelectric prediction of continuous ankle kinematics for control of a powered transtibial prosthesis," J. Neural Eng., 11(5):056027. DOI: 10.1088/1741-2560/11/5/056027.
- Beardsley, Scott A (Co-Investigator), Whelan, Harry (PI), "Neurology research program in brain blood flow ," Sponsored by Bleser Family Foundation, (March 2019–December 2023)
- Beardsley, Scott A (Co-PI), Mrotek, Leigh Ann (PI), "IRES Track 1: Physical state estimation for control coordination and behavior monitoring," Sponsored by NSF. (April 2019–March 2022)
- Beardsley, Scott A (PI), "Delay adaptation training to improve arm function in persons with multiple sclerosis," Sponsored by Alvin W. and Marion Birnschein Foundation. (January 2018–December 2018)
- Beardsley, Scott A (Co-PI), Silver-Thorn, Barbara (PI), "Dynamic EMG control of powered below-knee prostheses," Sponsored by OCOE Legacy Initiative Global Innovation Grant, Marquette University. (January 2017–December 2017)